Wednesday, September 18, 2013

JDRF Walk for a Cure

Sunday was our JDRF walk. I am SO pleased to announce we raised $437!! It was a very busy and packed event. We got there early enough to walk around before the walk. We saw different pump sponsors, food booths (with carb counts listed!), games, bounce houses, an awesome band playing and TONS of people. We weren't really able to connect with anyone in particular, but I want to connect with some local D families.

Yesterday, my sister, nephew, Emi and Ollie and I went to the Smith Aquatic Center in Charlottesville. First of all, um, AWESOME place for little kids. Probably not so great for like, 7 and over. Second, Ollie was checking his BS in the locker room (yep, he's started doing it all by himself!) and a mom walked by and said "my little girl does that too" - she has an 8 year old whose been dx'ed with T1D for 6 years. It was nice to connect with another D mom even if only for a few minutes! 

No comments:

Post a Comment