Monday, September 2, 2013

6 month Diaversary

So, we can officially say we survived 6 months of Diabetes.... 6 months?? It seems like a lifetime. I can't remember the last time I looked at food and didn't think about carb counts. I can't remember not worrying about ketones and highs, or lows. To to top it all off, Ollie now has a cavity (my theory is from correcting lows at night). These past six months (again, are we sure it's ONLY been 6 months??) have been a whirlwind of math, emotions and needles. Ollie has proven time and time again to be an amazing trooper through all of this. I can't imagine what he goes through - not only the testing and insulin, but the highs and lows. I've read that coming down from a high can make you feel sluggish and sick. The many times as he's gone high (or low) and come back in to range, I always try to let him relax, but there is no slowing him down.



Last week I signed us up for the local (well, most local to us) JDRF walk. I can't wait for Ollie to be around other T1D kids! I would love to find more local (like, really local, not an hour and a half away) kids and parents for us to be around, but I figure this is a start. Anyway, if you have the time, or resources, we would all love for you to check our page out - any step to curing Type 1 Diabetes is amazing to me.

The O Team (JDRF Walk)

No comments:

Post a Comment